Tuesday, June 13, 2006

NEW CO-BLOGGER

A new blogger has been added to the site.
She will contribute every now and then, when she has the chance.

I feel like I just got a #1 draft pick, lol.

Vintage (Joy) hails from Toronto Canada and is working on her Bachelors degree there. She is also a grassroots worker, advocate, and volunteer for those with AIDS. She plans to get involved with NGO's to do humanitarian work in Africa after she graduates.

Besides being beautiful, she is also very intelligent, as you will notice from her writings. She's someone we will probably hear about in 10 or 20 years....leading something, editing something, the President of something, etc etc etc.

In her own words from her website "SoulsUnite" :

Who Am I?

I'm a 23 year old, focused and passionate young woman who is looking to change the world, one mind at a time. I'm a University student finishing my bachelor's degree in Social Work. After graduating, I will be going to South Africa for a few years to work in various HIV/AIDS communities. Besides being a full time student, I also volunteer at an AIDS Hospice in downtown Toronto (Canada). Helping people is my passion. It's my love. It's my calling.

I'm reaching out to all the young minds out there and asking you to make yourselves aware. We all know that we want to raise our children in a better world... the only way to clean up our act is to start with ourselves.

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

Be that change.



You can find more of her writings on her website. http://www.soulsunite.net/

----------------------------------------------


Still looking for Co-Bloggers. I eventually want to add about two more.

Anyone interested can send a comment with contact information (E-mail address, etc).

Please read a previous post on Co-Bloggers.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Joy,

When you get a chance, could you add (copy & paste) that short bio from your site for the profile, or write another one?



Thx

Vintage said...

no doubt.

how do I do that?

and thanks for that little intro, hahaha... I feel like I just won a lifetime achievement award.

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian said...

I missed your post....

I'm struggling w/ the same things you mentioned on one of the other boards...about time flying by and not enough time/energy to keep up with everything.

To update your profile, just click on your name on the sidebar (from the main page). That should take you to your profile. Once there just click on "Edit profile".