Friday, June 02, 2006

DESPERATELY NEED CO-BLOGGERS

I'm in need of Co-bloggers... people to fill in the gaps and keep the blog flowing nicely.

Some weeks I have time to write a lot, while other weeks I really don't have much time to even sleep (I get about 4 hours a night). I sometimes have a hard time keeping up with what's going on let alone finding the time to write anything about it.

I work a full-time job and have other obligations. I also may be entering College once again pretty soon (never thought i'd be saying that)....

I eventually want a team of 4 bloggers, including myself.

Some criteria that I'm looking for in co-bloggers:

1. Preferably someone independent minded.... not committed to either of the two major political parties or any particular political philosophy. Generally looking for people who are more "populist" in their thinking. People who would like to see more major political parties, instead of catering to the existing one party with 2 faces. No one who is extreme one way or another. A Democrat or someone a little left of center is just fine.... But don't get mad when I slam the Democratic Party, lol (Because I slam the Democrats on a regular basis, lol....mostly because I would like that Party to live up to its principles).

2. Someone who enjoys writing, has decent writing skills, and has experience with blogs....or discussion groups. (that last part not required).

3. Someone who is able to back up arguments and opinions with 3rd party articles and data.... Someone who uses sound reasoning to come to conclusions, rather than just emotion or political ideology.

4. People who believe that more power (political power) should be in the hands of ordinary people rather than in the hands of those at the very top.... the top few percent of the population. People who believe in traditional Democratic values (Democracy as it was meant to be....not as it is today).

5. People with a college degree or working on one (Preferred...but not required).

6. People who have a decent understanding of politics, world politics, who keep up with world events, etc.

7. People who are more pro-peace as opposed to pro-war. If you're pro-war, you probably won't get along too well with me, lol. I'm not a blind peace advocate... there are sensible ways for governments to use their power. I believe in a strong military (even stronger than what we have). And I come from a Military Family...and was born overseas....living there two different times as a kid. The military life isn't foreign to me.

Speaking of a strong military, i'm still mad about Sept. 11th.. not only that it happened...but after it began to unfold... the United States of America didn't have fighter jets ready?PATHETIC!!....
So I believe in a powerful military....But it's all about how you use the military. I don't believe in the current, Gung Ho, World Police Foreign policy based on Imperialist ideals. Some call that Isolationist.... But that's not it at all. It's called self preservation, and being reasonable. But if people insist on taking it that way...so be it. Isolationism is better than the disasters that we have now....due to this flawed foreign policy. I just believe that the U.S. military should be used to defend U.S. Soil FIRST and FOREMOST. We have more U.S. troops guarding foreign borders than we have guarding our own. There is something really wrong with that. The U.S. military should only be used to defend OUR country, and ONLY our closest allies and most immediate interests overseas. That amounts to a couple dozen countries at the most (not including NATO). I don't believe in all of these Defense Treaties...burdening our sons and daughters with a contract to bleed and die for places that most Americans can't find on a map, especially when the American people have no say in the matter & most aren't even aware of these deals.
Defense Treaties do as much to start big wars and disasters as they do to prevent them (go back to the history of WWI). Most countries got involved in that disaster of a war because of treaty obligations....not because they really wanted to go to war or because their interests were threatened. At the end of that debacle, most countries involved didn't really understand why they got into the fight.

And why are we so dependent on foreign oil for our very survival????? What kind of incompetence got us to this point where the enemy has a nuse around our necks? Don't even get me started on this... see...i've gone off on a rant just that easily. That's what i'm looking for....other people who are passionate about the issues.


NOTE:

We don't have to agree on everything...and surely won't. It's better that way...because we may have a chance to go back and forth in the comments section.

**Also... look over the blog...to get a feel for the kinds of things that I pay attention to. I like to stay focused on important issues. I try to stay clear of Hollywood celebrity nonsense (unless i'm criticizing it). So keep that in mind.

** I also try to use a wide variety of sources. The list of sources that I draw from is pretty large...and I use a lot of multi-media (video and audio), while most blogs stick to text articles. Some of what I use is hard to find.

It's a wide variety...even though I have some favorite sites.... I try to mix it up. There are probably 100 different websites that I could call upon for postings or resources....but since i'm so busy, I often don't have time to dig through them all to find good information or good topics.


Work i'm looking for?

Well, after reading through the blog, you will have a feel for my posting style and the atmosphere.

Looking for people to post a few interesting articles on socially or politically important subjects. Or those overlooked subjects (but interesting subjects) that are important to the blogger.
There is no shortage of topics.

And looking for a little commentary.... about the size of a 2 page essay (dbl spaced). Something that can be done in about 20 minutes. Just long enough to make your points...nothing to give you Carpal Tunnel.

The site will remain a no nonsense, stripped down site.... I think this Blogger interface is more than sufficient.


The Angry Independent

No comments: