Thursday, September 06, 2007

Senator Larry Craig Has Second Thoughts About His Resignation


Larry Craig to The World: "I Have Been Railroaded"!

WHAT?????

I have to admit that I am enjoying watching the Republican Party implode in slow motion.

I didn't want to do any postings on Larry Craig... and I had assumed that the issue was resolved. But Craig appears to be ignoring the advice of members of his own Party, who have told him to move on or else.

First the Bathroom perv says he made a guilty plea when he really didn't mean to... and now he is saying that his resignation was also a mistake. Craig is now seeking to get his criminal charge dropped in Minnesota, and he also wants the Senate Ethics Committee to end its investigation into the events surrounding his arrest. The Ethics Committee rejected his request and plans to continue with its investigation.

Senate Republicans are not too happy with Craig's change of heart... The longer Craig drags this thing out, the longer it will be a stain on the Republican Party with its Family Values platform.

Apparently Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania has come to Craig's defense.

___________________

More Bad Luck for Craig

In his attempt to leave a message for his attorney, Billy Martin, Craig ended up leaving the message at the wrong number!!!

The message was left on the wrong voicemail box Saturday morning, and seems to paint a clearer picture of Craig's thoughts in the hours before his speech at the Boise Depot. The call was left as Craig was "headed to" his press conference at 10:30 a.m. MT Saturday morning.

Listen to the Call Here or Here.

Here is a transcript of the call:

"Yes, Billy, this is Larry Craig calling. You can reach me on my cell. Arlen Specter is now willing to come out in my defense, arguing that it appears by all that he knows that I have been railroaded and all that. Having all of that, we have reshaped my statement a little bit to say it is my intent to resign on September 30th."

"I think it is important for you to make as bold a statement as you are comfortable with this afternoon, and I would hope you could make it in front of the cameras."
"I think it would help drive the story that I'm willing to fight, that I've got quality people out there fighting in my defense, and that this thing could take a new turn or a new shape or has that potential. Give me a buzz or give Mike a buzz on that. We're headed to my press conference now. Thank you, bye"

No comments: