Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jerry Falwell

I was going to do a post on Jerry Falwell, but then I noticed that one of my blogging buddies, The Field Negro, summed everything up pretty well.

But first, here is a quote from the man of God himself, taken from a 1958 sermon:

"The true Negro does not want integration...He realizes his potential is far better among his own race...We see the hand of Moscow in the background...We see the Devil himself behind it...It will destroy our race eventually" -- Jerry Falwell


Now to the Field Negro's comments.

2 comments:

Pete Abel said...

Do you have a source for that sermon where he talks about segregation? Did he later recant those remarks? I was reminded yesterday of his biased remarks vis-a-vis gays, but was unaware of this apparent bias on race. Would like to learn more. If you have source(s) and can email me directly, I'd appreciate it: abel.reply@gmail.com. Thanks.

Brian said...

Pete,

I sent you an e-mail.