Monday, May 28, 2007

Baghdad ER Revisited


To highlight the sacrifices of American soldiers, I am reposting this great documentary- Baghdad ER. You can watch the film online.

********


Here is a great article about how the average American has become detached from the realities of this war. "While Baghdad Explodes, Americans Shop". This commentary is more relevant than ever.

********


Meanwhile.... the troops want to come home

A new report documents how much American troops want to come home.

__________________________

I thought about visiting my fathers grave... but I think I will hold off for another day. There will be thousands of people at the cemetery tomorrow. My father died almost exactly 15 years ago (Tuesday). I have only been to the site once since, and I would prefer going without the crowds. It's bad enough that I hate cemeteries.... the crowd would make things even worse.

I may try to catch the Rib America Festival in downtown St. Louis, to take my mind off of the Worlds craziness. I'm not much of a meat eater, but I do allow myself to cheat for ribs. I can't give up ribs.

Or maybe I will take in a movie.... It has literally been a few years since I have been to a movie. Going to the movies by myself was something that I loved at one time... And now I don't get out even to do that. It's partly because undesirables took over my favorite movie theater some years ago, and they pretty much ruined that as a viable venue for peace and quiet. It's hard for me to change favorite movie spots.

I am looking forward to seeing the new Michael Moore film... since I love documentaries, especially documentaries on issues important to me.

No comments: