Hear an update on the Congressional elections from NPR (National Public Radio).
Follow elections with election maps and other resources. (scroll to bottom of page)
In 11 days, Republican Tyranny will come to an end.... at least in one House of the U.S. Congress. Republicans have controlled the House of Representatives for a dozen years...and you see the results.
Will the U.S. be totally free? No... The Titanic is still sinking.... and will probably continue to sink no matter which Party is in Control of Congress. The Congress is quite weak in the U.S. anyway.....it has become pretty much a ceremonial body, with little power. But... this event could be the start of the end of a dark period (I call it the Dark Age) in the U.S., particularly in U.S. politics. This period started around 1998-1999 (under Democrat Bill Clinton and a loony Republican Congress) and continues until the Present time. The 9/11 attacks (along with the invasion of Iraq) represented a climax or bottoming out of this period. Then there was (at least somewhat) an awakening of some kind over the next several years. This period- if we survive it- will probably last a few more years.... But Nov. 7th will mark the beginning of the end of this period....and the true period of recovery MAY start... that's assuming that the U.S. does not invade/attack anymore countries....
Unfortunately, more wars appear to be planned for the near future. But then again, that's why Nov. 7th is so important.
Republicans will lose their grip on power in the largest Congressional Body....the House of Representatives. Republicans also have about a 50/50 chance of losing control of the U.S. Senate as well....which would be devastating to the Republicans.
But the House of Representatives is good enough...if that's all Democrats are able to get control of.
If Democrats win the House of Representatives, what would it mean?
1. It would mean that the Emperor, and his minions in Congress, in the media, and in the religious establishment won't be able to impose their agendas on Americans anymore. It will still be a Rubber Stamp Congress....because that's just what Congress does. It's a ceremonial body. However, Democrat support will not be so easy to get... it won't be the automatic rubber stamp that the Republicans provided to the President.
2. Democrats will gain the chairmanships of all Committees. These Committees determine what the Congressional agenda will be. Rules will be changed to remove all of the Republican corruption that has taken root in the Congress over the last 12 years.
3. Democrats will set the rules about how Lobbyists can operate in Washington D.C. Many of the lobbyists will be dumping their Republican Congressmembers because that Party will no longer be in power and will no longer have much influence on legislation. Democrats will now be chased by these lobbyists..... will Democrats be able to resist the money that is about to be thrown their way? That remains to be seen.
4. Democrats will begin REAL hearings into the crimes of the Bush administration and the Republican Congress. This is why Speaker Dennis Hastert is begging the ethics committee to hurry up and finish (cover-up, destroy evidence) the Foley investigation.... once Democrats take over... none of this will matter.
Top investigations and hearings will probably be the following:
1. Iraq...all the lies....crimes, etc Plus...getting to the bottom of what is really happening there now.
2. Mark Foley & the actions of the Republican Party related to that case.
3. Jack Abramoff....and all of the Republican (And Democrat) corruption scandals.
5. Valerie Plame....the outing of a CIA agent.
6. Voting Fraud and faulty voting machines (Diebold)...and conflicts of interests.
7. Hurricane Katrina...what really happened. And are people getting what they need now?
8. The Bush energy policies... remember those files that VP Cheney refused to release? Uh Oh!!!!
9. The loss of billions of dollars in Iraq, due to fraud, waste and abuse... especially from no bid contracts, etc (similar to #4).
** Other possible investigations/hearings.... include issues surrounding 9/11.
The new House of Representatives will have real subpoena power and will be able to call REAL witnesses before Committees to testify and will ask REAL questions...
Bush's "free pass" is about to be revoked. And I can hardly wait...
My guess (& hope) is that many of the Republican/Bush crimes will be exposed over the next 2 years.
Democrats have basically nicknamed the first few days of their new Congress as "draining the swamp". lol