Stories that have been on the 'Mirror On America' Radar
1. USA: The Beacon of Freedom? See a report on the experience of protesters in Illinois.
2. Special U.S. Inspector for Iraq, Stuart Bowen, reports problems with Reconstruction. Iraqis are not taking care of their responsibilities.
3. Finally there has been some movement on Darfur.
4. Errington Thompson has more on the investigation of Republican Sen. Ted Stevens. Also covered here on Mirror On America thanks to Rikyrah.
5. Juan Cole offers his expert analysis on the latest in Iraq. More information from the Daily Kos.
6. Our friend Pelican1 from Independents Unbound tries to make sense of the Bush Mafias idiotic policy towards the Middle East. Lord Have Mercy!
7. This is why The Democrats will need more than just the Iraq War to get into the White House. This has been the prevailing trend for the last couple of years. Even in bad times, Republicans still lead in a General election matchup with Democrats. See Post from Central Sanity.
8. The ladies over at WhatAboutOurDaughters.org are still busy. D.L. Hughley is planning to do a show in the wrong city later this month. I have a feeling that he won't be coming back to Texas after this next trip.
9. While our soldiers die and get maimed in order to buy time for some nonexistent political reconciliation to take place in Iraq, the Iraqi Parliament will be on a month-long vacation. Bush should be the one to personally notify the families of each soldier who dies in Iraq in August...and he should explain why they had to die.