Monday, March 23, 2009

Tammy Bruce Calls The Obamas ' Trash In The White House'

Hat tip: Ta-Nehisi Coates and several JJP Posters

From HuffingtonPost.com:

Tammy Bruce Calls The Obamas "Trash In The White House"
The Huffington Post Megan Slack March 23, 2009 02:44 PM



Tammy Bruce, guest host for Laura Ingram's radio show, had some harsh words for First Lady Michelle Obama


Discussing the First Lady's visit to a Washington D.C. classroom last week, Bruce incredulously recalled Obama's story about wanting to get A's in school and called out her use of a "weird, fake accent."

"That's what he's married to," Bruce said. "...You know what we've got? We've got trash in the White House. Trash is a thing that is colorblind, it can cross all eco-socionomic...categories. You can work on Wall Street, or you can work at the Wal-Mart. Trash, are people who use other people to get things, who patronize others, who consider you bitter and clingy..."


See video and transcript:



From the March 23 broadcast of Talk Radio Network's The Laura Ingraham Show:

BRUCE: But here's Michelle Obama explaining to some kids what it was like for her growing up because she sounded like a white person, whatever that means.

OBAMA [audio clip]: I did do my best, getting good grades was always important to me, and it wasn't because my parents were -
BRUCE: It's all about her.

OBAMA [audio clip]: -- hounding me or that they had the expectation, it was just something that I wanted for myself. I wanted an A. And I didn't care whether it was cool, ‘cause I remember there were kids around my neighborhood who would say, "Ooh, you talk funny, you talk like a white girl." I heard that growing up my whole life, and I was like I don't even know what that means, but you know what? I'm still getting my A.

BRUCE: What? What? What -- what is that? And then she devolves into that weird fake accent, like Hillary did when talking to black people. What? What is that? That's, that -- you know what that is.

DAVID AFTER DENTIST [audio clip]: Is this going to be forever?

BRUCE: Yeah, that - remember nitrous oxide kid, on You Tube. No it's not going to be forever, nitrous oxide kid. It's not. Can you -- can you believe that?
OBAMA [audio clip]: So do I need to introduce myself?

BRUCE: What a shame. That must've just ruined her damn day. "I wanted the A for myself, and I wanted to do it, and ooh, they said you sounded like a white person, I don't know what that means, but uhh." Huh?

Man, oh, man. That's who he's married to, what does that tell you? This is what we've got -- you know what we've got? We've got trash in the White House. Trash is a, is a thing that is color blind, it can cross all eco -- ecosocionomic kind of categories, you can work on Wall Street or work at the Wal-Mart. Trash are people who use other people to get things, who patronize others, who consider you bitter and clingy.


I call BULL on the 'Trash is a thing that is colorblind'. If it were, then your lying, racist behind wouldn't have had to made the qualifier.

Some of you White folks just better get over it. The Black Man with the Black Wife and Black Children WON The Presidency. He's smarter than you. He beat Country Last and Caribou Barbie mercilessly and made it look easy.

Bruce can kiss my Black A--!, because our First Lady has more class in her pinkie than Bruce will ever muster.

For those of you wondering about The First Lady's SUPPOSED Fake Accent, here is the post I did on that visit to Anacostia High School.

If you want to see the ENTIRE program with her at Anacostia HS, CLICK HERE FOR THE C-SPAN VIDEO.

5 comments:

ms-teacher said...

When I saw this on Huff Post, I was appalled beyond words. As a teacher in a school that is mostly African American and Hispanic, I deal almost daily with kids who do not want to be seen as "too smart" because they fear being beat up because being smart is seen as acting white. It is frustrating dealing with this because I have seen over the years a lot of really, really bright kids walk through my classroom door give in to peer pressure.

Brian said...

Ms. Teacher,

I dealt with the Acting White issue as well. Many Blacks have. It seems to be something that was particularly bad for my generation (I was a 1980's student). The problem has been around for a long time but for me...things got worse during the rise of the Hip Hop subculture... where you were seen as too conformist if you wanted to do your homework and learn.

This is a real issue for Black youth..and I am glad that Michelle Obama mentioned it in her comments.

Clearly Bruce doesn't have a clue.

Brian said...

Rikyrah,

Can you please tell us how you really feel about Bruce?

Anonymous said...

Tammy Bruce is in the same group as Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin and most of the lady folks at Fox Noise. They are much better suited to be eye candy and put on "mute". Their social and political relevance is on the negative side of ZERO.

More to the point of this post, what I'm seeing from Bruce is some of the same race-baiting that fell on its face during the election: trying to paint a picture of uppity negros who are mad at the White World. I simply chalk this up to some dying form of Conservatism with little - if any - validation. This message was put to rest the moment a Black family became the new residents of Pennsylvania Ave.

rikyrah said...

And everyone Black knew exactly what Michelle Obama was doing. Made perfect sense to us. White folks weren't even in that room when Michelle was talking to them.

Michelle Obama was doing what CONSERVATIVES are always telling Black folk what they must tell the ' Black Underclass', about ' pulling oneself up by the bootstraps'.

Yet, when Michelle Obama does exactly that - we get mess like this from Bruce. Which proves what I always thought - their talking this crap is exactly crap. Because, what happens when you have Black folks that talk about 'doing for self'?

They're called ' reverse racists', hence the criticism of Trinity UCC. Part of the reason the Obamas liked Trinity was because Rev. Wright was all about ' don't go begging the White man to do for you what you won't do for youself.' That's what he told his ' Uppity' Congregation all the time.