Wednesday, October 29, 2008

McCain's Choice Throws McCain Under the Bus

Under the ' you can't make this shyt up' file:

From DailyKos:

Palin Throws McCain Under The Bus. Updated x2.
by RenaRF [Subscribe]
Wed Oct 29, 2008 at 03:11:02 PM PDT


This is EFFING HILARIOUS. Sarah Palin is now OPENLY talking about 2012 in the event she and John McCain lose next Tuesday.

Transcription (live from CNN) over the fold.

Via CNN:
Blitzer: Republican VP Candidate Sarah Palin now speaking out openly about her intentions in 2012 if - if - she and John McCain were to lose this contest next Tuesday. In an interview with ABC News, Sarah Palin is now saying she would be interested in remaining a serious national political figure going ahead to 2012. She was asked, what happens in 2012 if you lose on Tuesday - do you simply go back to Alaska - Elizabeth Vargas of ABC News asked her - and Palin said this, and I'll read it to you verbatim according to an ABC transcript:
Absolutely not. I think that if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender, I think that some of the political shots that we've taken - that that would bring this whole - and I'm not doing this for naught."

And that's a direct quote from Sarah Palin.



I'm posting this and then updating, because there's more... stay tuned.

Dana Bash follows up with a Republican official's reaction:
Blitzer: Any reaction yet, Dana, from this blunt statement that she would in fact be interested in leading the Republican Party going forward after Tuesday if they lose?

Bash: I just got off the phone, Wolf, with a senior McCain adviser and I read this person the quote and I think it's fair to say that this person was speechless. There was a long pause and I just heard a "huh" on the other end of the phone. I mean, this is certainly not a surprise to anybody who has watched Sarah Palin that she is interested in potentially a future national run. Certainly she is being urged to be a lot of people inside the Republican Party if they do lose, but it is an if, and people inside the McCain campaign - they do not want ANY discussion that has in "if" in front of it six days before the election.

Here's the video:



I find it hilarious. Downright hilarious. She couldn't wait until November 5th?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rikyrah,

You know that I find Palin's entire being laughable. And you know that I'd never defend Palin about anything. But I'm not taking any more from this than what's actually there. She was simply answering a question, not necessarily volunteering information randomly. The question was looking to ascertain what she'd do IF they lost. "Throwing McCain under the bus" would have been her saying (without provocation, might I add) "When Sen. McCain loses this election, I'm staying here..."

I dislike McPalin as much as the next person. But I'm about as convinced about the merits of this story as I am about the "unnamed McCain aide" talking about dissension in the camp.