Tuesday, May 16, 2006

JOHNNIE WILDER JR. ENTERS SOUL HEAVEN

~JOHNNIE WILDER JR. ENTERS SOUL HEAVEN~




JOHNNIE WILDER JR 1949-2006



R&B legend Johnnie Wilder entered Soul Heaven this past Saturday. One of the great lead singers of the 70's era, as front man for the group Heatwave. Wilder struggled for many years after being paralyzed in a car accident. Yet he stayed active.

The songs he sang are classics.... "Boogie Nights" (the namesake for a couple of movies), "Grooveline", & "Mind Blowin' Decisions"....just to name a few.

Article.

Biography information for Mr. Wilder.

Biography for Heatwave here.

TRIBUTE:

(Right Click and Open in New Window)

1. Mind Blowin' Decisions- Video

2. Ain't No Half Steppin'- Live Video
(A song that has been sampled over and over again by the Hip-Hop & R&B community for the past 2 decades).

3. All You Do Is Dial- Live Video Performance

4. Always & Forever- Live Video Performance

5. Always & Forever- Audio (Studio Version)

6. All I Am- Video

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up listening to Heatwave in the mid and late 70's. My biggest memory of the group was sitting in my then college-age uncle's room looking at the "Too Hot To Handle" album while listening to the record. Kids were really impressed looking at animated album covers in those days. Being in my mid-30's now, I still get mesmerized so to speak when looking at my old album covers.

Also, I remember hearing "Boogie Nights" one night at the local fairground around '77. They were playing the song during the Himalaya ride. Very cool ;)! My condolences to Mr. Wilder's family, friends and bandmates. R.I.P.