Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Why I Despise Modern Black Culture #951


That's the nicest way that I could put it. Had to delete the original title.

I don't want to make this a 'why I hate being Black' rant... but i'll just remind people again that Cosby was right.

The results of Black social & moral degeneration keep piling up.
The Mall of America was trashed this week by thugs who started a brawl that took an hour and dozens of police officers to bring under control. Reportedly the urban terrorists were in a frenzy over rappers. Huh?

Zombies also started riots across the Country during a stupid shoe promotion. These people can spend in the neighborhood of $200 for a ------- pair of shoes and can camp out at 3 or 4am but many are SOME of the same jackasses who won't spend money to buy a book, refuse to show that kind of dedication when it comes to maintaining a job, and won't spend the money for the basic necessities for their children (authorities have to go looking for them for child support). But a stupid pair of shoes... made overseas by other poor people? No problem. The irony there is hard to miss.

Why is it that so many of the mores associated with strong families, & strong communities seem to be situated almost in reverse order in Black society? The lower rate of marriage, the rate of children out of wedlock, the importance of education not as valued, the more knuckle-headed, thuggish & criminalistic a man is... the more value he has as a partner and member of the community... black women (very large portion.... not all) desire them even more. The values are backwards. This race for material possessions over making sure souls, minds and children have what they really need is beyond bizarre, especially during an economic slump that is hitting minorities the hardest.

25-30 years ago I can recall how youth culture was dominated by who had the top name brands. I bought into that nonsense for a couple of years (didn't know any better), especially when I was in middle school. But luckily I got rid of that curse by the time I was 14 years old. As I got older, my original feelings/instincts began to take hold again - the feeling that this brand worship and idiocy from Hip Hop culture didn't make any sense to me. I allowed peer pressure and the need to fit in to stop me from being who I really was. I got rid of that poison along with Rap culture.

These folks are lost sheep. And they make every aspect of life harder for those who look like them.

This stuff drives me crazy.

3 comments:

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

You can blame this behavior on "Madison Ave" and the educational system that we have allowed to invade our communities.
I don't have a solution,but do know I won't buy into this madness.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with this blog. I ride the bus an hour and a half to school every day and every couple of days there is some argument about something extremely stupid, that stems from a need to show dominance to every stranger around. Tinny rap music coming out of cell phones (and when asked to stop a flurry of cuss words and often racist remarks toward the person asking them to obey the rules), someone yelling into their phone about whose ass is about to get beat, everyone smokes cigarettes sometimes in even inside the enclosed waiting area, yelling and yelling and yelling. I've heard other black people praise and criticize articles of clothing on countless situations but no one ever comments on any meaningful ambitions; i.e. something beyond being the biggest drug dealer or toughest dude around.

Anonymous said...

This nation is too developed and there is too much information out here for this to continue. These boys are raised by single mothers who are degenerates themselves. People blame everything but the actions of these individuals. It's almost like they don't need accountability because they're somehow cut off from the world bullshit. People from third world countries with more heartless crime, disease, and famine come here and do better than these folks... Why? Because their culture doesn't glorify ignorance like we do. And you're right you rarely hear any meaningful conversation in a black neighborhood, it's draining for someone who thinks deeply and is truly looking for a solution.