Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Discussion With Dr. Cornel West



Dr. Cornel West sits down with Tavis Smiley as part of the Library Foundation of Los Angeles' Aloud Lecture Series. Dr. West talks about his new book, Brother West: Living and Loving Out Loud, a Memoir, and a variety of other topics.


I disagree with him on a few issues, especially Hip Hop Culture (we see that from two completely different lenses). Most who have read this blog long enough are aware that I pretty much hate Rap Culture and find it to be (generally) a Cancer for Blacks. But those differences aside, I rarely miss an opportunity to hear him speak through whatever sources I find online. He still manages to be an influence for me.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Hear/Watch An Additional Interview Segment from Democracy Now.

Hear Dr. West giving his annual February address at the St. Sabina Catholic Church in Chicago. (From Feb. 2009).

No comments: