Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Year 2009 was an amazing political year: Barack Obama's inauguration, the stimulus package, Tea Party activists, Town Hall meetings, the Rose Garden Beer Summit with Professor Gates and Officer Crowley, the Nobel Peace Prize, Afghanistan, health care reform, H1N1, rising unemployment tempered by a resurgent stock market. It reminds me of Billy Joel's We Didn’t Start the Fire.

This leads me to my political New Year's resolution.

There was one thing missing from politics this year. Me but not as a candidate. No one wants that. I am too truthful and no one would elect me. I would say things like, "You need to get on a treadmill and ditch the cigarettes. The government should not have to pay for you when you get sick because of your diet of Twinkies and Marlboros." Yep. I would lose.

Read the rest at The Loop.

No comments: