Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Clinton Targets PLEDGED Delegates

Hat tip: Politicalinaction.com

From Politico.com

Clinton targets pledged delegates
By: Roger Simon
Feb 19, 2008 05:48 AM EST


Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign intends to go after delegates whom Barack Obama has already won in the caucuses and primaries if she needs them to win the nomination.

This strategy was confirmed to me by a high-ranking Clinton official on Monday. And I am not talking about superdelegates, those 795 party big shots who are not pledged to anybody. I am talking about getting pledged delegates to switch sides.


Rest of article is HERE.

Why don't you mull over THAT bit of news, and form your own opinion about it. I know what my opinion is.

UPDATE:

The Clinton Campaign puts out this statement-

Hillary spokesperson Phil Singer is adamantly denying a report this morning in The Politico quoting an anonymous campaign official suggesting that the Clinton campaign will pursue Obama's pledged delegates. Singer sends me this:

We have not, are not and will not pursue the pledged delegates of Barack Obama. It's now time for the Obama campaign to be clear about their intentions.


I believe Roger Simon. Have no reason not to.

No comments: