Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Early Reports of Voting Problems And Why I Don't Vote

Reports of Voting Problems Pouring In From Across the Country. See Here.



Ahhh... Just as I suspected..... and just like clockwork, the American voting circus has begun. I see plenty of Elephants, Donkeys, and citizen Clowns running around who believe that their vote actually counts for something, playing along with the charade. This has all become a form of entertainment for me every two years. And i'm getting my snacks and softdrinks ready because this election cycle will be no different....in fact, it's shaping up to be one of the most entertaining episodes yet. The ultimate reality show indeed. Or should I say.... a portrayal of reality.
Fact is.... much of this nonsense is set up ahead of time.

I am still hoping for a Democratic win in at least the House of Representatives. But then again, a Democratic loss in both Houses of Congress will not be a bad thing either. It would finally prove my point about the U.S. voting/election system. People will finally begin to see it as the huge fraud that it really is. And perhaps something could be done about it.

As for the Democratic Party- with a loss today, maybe that political party will finally grow some balls and perhaps even a backbone for standing. This pitiful Political organization has no "killer instinct". They do not know how to play rough with the Criminal mafia Republicans. Which is why the Democrats are always getting beaten. Even if Democrats win one or two Houses of Congress tonight, Republicans STILL have the advantage in the future.
Democrats have no media, no money machine, no organizing apparatus, a mediocre grassroots movement, no creative ideas for how to play rough (and out do) their opponent, and no strategic plan. In any plan.... control of media is the absolute most important. THEN they must fix the voting problems across all 50 States. THEN we need voter protection laws....real laws that are actually enforced.

What we are seeing today is the exact reason why I didn't support the Congressional Black Caucus's Push for the renewal of the Voting Rights Act. It's an empty law..... There was rarely any enforcement of the previous law....so why in the hell would you want to renew the same bullshit for another generation? A COMPLETELY NEW LAW was needed.... one that ran deep and really dealt with todays problems and one that WOULD BE ENFORCED. Instead, the CBC fought for a useless paper law that guaranteed more of the same bullshit for years to come.

Why I Don't Vote

As far as elections go... i've never trusted the U.S. political system...especially as it relates to voting. I don't see the U.S. as the great democracy that it claims to be. The very system itself is anti-democratic... 2 political parties to represent 300 million people? PLEASE! The U.S. has troops dying in Iraq for Democracy when there is no Democracy here at home. Iraqis choose from at least 100 different political Parties on a ballot, and in the U.S. you have a choice of 2 (both corrupt). And you think you live in a Democracy?

For me, voting is simply contributing to the charade.... adding to the illusion. In order for me to vote I must first believe that I live in a Democracy.... and I don't believe that I do.

The U.S. voting and political system would have to fundamentally change before I would ever be confident enough in the system to vote. This means- standardization of voting methods and rules across all 50 States, AT LEAST 1 or 2 additional political parties that become significant enough to gain seats in Congress (by some sort of affirmative appointment system if necessary), all candidates operate with the same amount of money....a level playing field, no more corporate pimping....the end of the era of mega lobbyists writing legislation, effective voting rights laws that are actually ENFORCED, More Presidential debates and debates earlier in the cycle, more parties allowed into debates, no campaign ads allowed within two weeks before an election, a crackdown of voter intimidation and voter suppression, the list goes on and on.

The USA is far from being a real Democracy.

I choose to do things like blog (and tell the truth)......that's my way of voting, symbolically. But I am glad that there are others who are still voting.... perhaps something could be done to change the system.... but I don't think anything significant will happen in that regard in my lifetime.

The Angry Independent is sitting at home watching the circus play out.....as I have always done.

No comments: