Miss Ann says that women need to WAKE UP.
From The Maddow Blog:
Ann Romney demands women 'wake up'
By Steve Benen
Wed Sep 5, 2012 4:30 PM EDT.
Ann Romney was in Ohio this morning, sounding a little desperate about the gender gap undermining her husband's campaign.
Her husband, Mitt Romney, is attuned to women's struggles, especially their economic struggles, and, Ann Romney said, "I know that Mitt will be there for you."
"Women, you need to wake up," she told the largely female audience at a "Women For Mitt" rally in Findlay, Ohio. "Women have to ask themselves who is going to ... be there for you. I can promise you, I know that Mitt will be there for you, he will stand up for you, he will hear your voices, he knows how to fix an economy, he's a can do kind of guy, he's a turnaround guy."
Here's the thing, Miss Ann.
1. Your husband won't stand up for the Lily Ledbetter Act, which just means that I, as a woman, if I find out that I've been discriminated against on the job - I can have a day in court.
2. Your husband supports a Personhood Amendment, which means no abortions, and the outlawing of most birth control.
3. Your husband says he will defund Planned Parenthood, which means that millions of my fellow American women, will be without access to quality, safe female-centered healthcare.
4. Your husband's running mate is a General in the GOP WAR ON WOMEN.
5. Your husband supports a Budget plan that would throw millions off of Medicaid, meaning that MILLIONS of:
a) poor children
b) elderly in nursing homes
c) disabled adults
Will be thrown into the street without access to the healthcare and services that Medicaid provides. I know you don't live in the real world, but I'm thinking of the millions of MOTHERS to those children without healthcare. I'm thinking of the millions of WOMEN upon whom the responsibility will be forced onto them, after Grandma and Grandpa are throwns out into the street from the nursing home. I think about the millions of female care givers of disabled adults- their family. Yes, I'm being stereotypical, but the truth is the truth - WOMEN are the caregivers in this country.
6. Your husband supports a budget that will turn Medicare into a voucher program, and there are millions of women who will now have to help their elderly parents navigate the world of private insurance, as well as helping them to pay for their medication.
7. Your husband wants to repeal Obamacare - ask that MOTHER - Stacy Lihn- who spoke the first night, whether that repeal will let her sleep well at night - if at all.
8. How about the millions of mothers who now don't have to worry about their adult children and healthcare - what about that if Obamacare is repealed.
9. How about the millions of women with pre-existing conditions who will now not be discriminated against because of Obamacare.
10. How about the millions of women who will no longer PAY MORE for a health insurance policy- just because they are women - because Obamacare tells the insurance companies they can't.
11. How about the women who held their hands of their husbands, as your husband, and his vulture capitalism, ushered in business practices that destroyed middle-class jobs, let alone the women workers themselves who got thrown into the dustbin while your husband vultured himself a fortune.
And you think you can tell women to WAKE UP?
Women have YOU and your husband's number.
And that's why they support President Obama by double digits.