Wednesday, September 08, 2010

WHY what's happening to Muslims in America Affects YOU

From the head of the New Republic:

hat tip-Andrew Sullivan



In His Gut
07 Sep 2010 08:59 am

This from my old friend and former boss Marty Peretz:

I wouldn't close my eyes or our eyes to the increasing number of both naturalized and native-born citizens who enlist in the Islamic terror networks of our time, here and abroad... [A]mong those Muslims led by the Imam Rauf there is hardly one who has raised a fuss about the routine and random bloodshed that defines their brotherhood. So, yes, I wonder whether I need honor these people and pretend that they are worthy of the privileges of the First Amendment which I have in my gut the sense that they will abuse.


I am not a Muslim. I am a Christian. I have no interest in changing religions, and if I did, it wouldn't be to Islam.

The First Amendment of the United States Constitution doesn't apply to some people.

It applies to ALL of the citizens of this country. Including those that practice the Faith of Islam. There is no means-test by which some citizens can use it, and others can't.

THIS

This obvious hatred and justification of discrimination against Muslims, and rationalization, in a supposed 'mainstream' publication, is frightening.

And WRONG.

You must push back against it if you call yourself an American. If you believe in the Constitution, you must push back against this.


Against those who are opposed to a Cultural Center with a prayer room a couple of blocks away from Ground Zero.
Against those who TORCHED a mosque in progress in Tennessee.
Against those who are fighting against mosque's being built in across the United States.

WE

yes, I mean BLACK PEOPLE know this story....

we've been there, done that.

We know what they mean when they talk about the ' Muslims'....

we know the dogwhistles...we've been taught to recognize them a mile away.

What's the difference between a torched mosque in Tennessee and a string of torched Black churches throughout the South?

You honestly think they'll stop with Muslims?

Please.

You've been Black in America longer than 3 days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

frightening...