Saturday, July 06, 2013

Still alive

I guess I should update this blog. Planning to completely redesign this thing at some point. Lately I haven't even had the time to update it as is. Lost some of my passion for blogging over the last few months.

Currently in the process of moving, still looking for jobs (actually starting a new job within the next month after languishing at the same place for 19 years), & a bunch of other things.... so blogging has fallen several spots on my list of things to be concerned with. It will be quite some time before I will be able to write again on a regular basis.

I will attempt to post once per week or so. There are too many events.... occurring too fast. But I keep track of everything. Still a news/information junkie. I would love to get the opportunity to write for other publications.... Haven't had any luck yet. That may be a goal I can add to my list for 2014.... that's if Obama & Co can avoid the temptation to start another war or if some other economic disaster doesn't do us in first.

Will be turning 40 in a matter of days. Feels strange. Have been reflecting on a lot of things (part of why blogging here dropped on the list of importance). 20 & 25 year olds have gotten more out of life than I have at 39/40. I am constantly trying to figure out how my circumstances (including race) have contributed to things not going as planned for the 1st half of my life. Have missed out on so much.

Don't get me started on the dating front. Once things settle down.... (will be a year or so)... I will probably tackle that one. I haven't been on a date in 10 years....and that was only briefly. Haven't had any interest in that (I know what my priorities are thankfully...and women have not been in the top 5 in terms of situations to fix or to get in order). I have the same problem that I have always had as a halfway intelligent, decent, man of color. 1.) Black women (on the whole) are looking for athletes, entertainers, rich guys, thugs, meatheads, and criminals. Many of them want Tupac clones of some sort. (Not all of course). They seem to lust for guys with a certain image...and since i'm usually the antithesis of what they typically want, there is usually no match. I just don't have the time to deal with that kind of madness. 2.) Non-black women typically want well-to-do, successful, upwardly mobile white men. In some cases... the issue may have to do with parents/family who would not accept a black guy (I have actually been told this personally). Unless you have a lot of money... dating interracially is a challenge. So on that front...I have had the same problem for 20 years. The dating scene is a horrible mess for a guy in my situation. Should I move to Brazil? I have pretty much lost all hope on the dating front...and I recently accepted the fact that I will likely never have a family of my own.

That being said...it will be interesting to see what the rest of 2013 has in store...

P.S.

My e-mail had been down for a couple of months. It is now working again (have not had time to check the messages...but will). If you sent something and I didn't respond.... it either means that I didn't see it...or was not interested in the proposal. More than likely though... it means I did not see the message.


No comments: