Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Powerbroker - Whitney Young's Fight For Civil Rights


See documentary (available until March 4th).

Amazing how so many in the "Black Community" can turn against their own. Young was more of my kind of leader. He had what I call... quiet fire. I have never been a fan of protesting and marching. And of course the more radical stuff is idiotic. If I could have been any of the great leaders from the civil rights era... or if I came of age during that time and my number was called... I probably would have been more like a Whitney Young... although I probably wouldn't have been as friendly with the business community. There is even some physical resemblance (he reminds me of my father).

Unfortunately this video will only be available for a few days.

1 comment:

rikyrah said...

I saw the beginning of the documentary and can't wait to finish it. We needed all approaches and folks are too quick to condemn certain approaches.