Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Obama Expresses 'Deep Disappointment' in McCain's Silence on Wife Attacks



Hat tip: Politicalinaction.com

From CBN's David Brody:


The Brody File
David Brody
CBN News Senior National Correspondent

EXCLUSIVE: Obama Expresses 'Deep Disappointment' in McCain's Silence on Wife Attacks
June 17, 2008


In a one-on-one interview with The Brody File, Barack Obama says he is deeply disappointed that John McCain has not spoken out against the attacks leveled against his wife.

Michelle Obama has come under criticism from some conservatives because of comments that they say suggest she's unpatriotic, not proud to be an American and outside the mainstream.

Obama vigorously defends his wife.

I spoke to Obama in Taylor, Mich. Tuesday afternoon. Read the transcription of his answer below or click play to hear his answer.

"This is unfortunately become a habit in our politics where anything's fair game, and we just make things up about people. If you think about Michelle, I mean here's somebody who's done everything right. She grew up in modest means. She grew up in a nuclear family. Her parents looked after her. She went to college on a scholarship. She's worked hard for everything that she has.

She is the best mother I know. She has made repeated sacrifices on behalf of her family and has said that her children and her husband are her number one priority.

So the fact that people have tried to make her a target, based essentially on a couple of comments in which she was critical of what's happening to our American dream and the enormous difficulties that people are experiencing -- the difficulties that she hears directly as she is traveling across the country, I think is really distressing. And you know I've said publicly before, and I'll say it again - I think families are off limits. I would never consider making Cindy McCain a campaign issue, and if I saw people doing that - I would speak out against it. And the fact that I haven't seen that from John McCain I think is a deep disappointment."


If you'd like to read the rest of the article and see the video clip of the Obama interview, click on the link above.

I'm glad he's calling out Senator Straight Talk. AFTER ALL, if folks WANTED TO, they could have a field day with his Pill Poppin' Piece-On-The-Side.

d asked me when I was going to stop calling her that; so, before anyone says anything in the comments, don't. When they begin to treat Michelle Obama with respect, THAT is when I'll retire that nickname, and not a moment before.

Because NOBODY will ever be able to convince me, that if the life situations were reversed?????

PULEEZE.

We'd be seeing an endless loop of the story of the 'Poor, First Mrs. Obama'.
We'd have interview upon interview with people involved with the charity from which Mrs. Obama stole.
We'd have commentator upon commentator talking about 'what kind of person worth $100 million (let's be real...Michelle would only have to be worth $1 million) would STEAL from a charity?'
And, then, they'd bring on doctor after doctor, talking about, ' Well, you know, we don't know how the pressures of a campaign might send her back to drug addiction'. - All in theory, of course...their 'respected' medical opinions.

" No, Rikyrah, if the situations were reversed, we'd see the same treatment of Michelle that we see of the Pill Poppin' Piece-On-The-Side. "

Uh uh. Hell no.


UPDATE: Look what I found at Michelle Obama Watch:

Cindy McCain Still Stuck on Michelle’s Patriotism
Posted by AJ of OverAnalyzeIt.


Cindy McCain is scheduled to be on Good Morning America tomorrow morning and she’s still pushing the “Michelle is unpatriotic” meme as she talks about Michelle’s misquoted “proud” comment. I think she might want to reconsider her position on throwing stones……..

From ABC News Blogs

ABC News’ Ed O’Keefe Reports: Laura Bush may be ready to give Michelle Obama the benefit of the doubt when it comes to her patriotism but Cindy McCain may not.

“I don’t know why she said what she said,” Mrs. McCain explains in an interview with ABC News’ Kate Snow airing on “Good Morning America” Thursday. “Everyone has their own experience. I don’t know why she said what she said, all I know is that I have always been proud of my country.”


Ok, well now, I'm too thru, and even though I'm going to stick with Pill Poppin' Piece-On-The-Side, I'm just gonna come out and say what came instantly into my mind, the first time she oh-no-snidely derided Michelle Obama on this:

" The Nerve of that Thievin' Junkie HO."

2 comments:

Brian said...

I agree...

The media has two completely different standards regarding how it covers Obama and how it covers McCain.... or Obama and anyone else for that matter. It could be Obama and Charles Manson, or Obama and Bin Laden. Manson and Bin Laden would probably get the more favorable coverage.

There have been plenty of big stories about McCain...but the media has not picked them up or they decided to go soft with their reporting. If the same stories were attributed to Obama, they would probably be enough to sink the Obama campaign for good.

But McCain gets a pass. White priviledge is a wonderful thing. Especially rich, white and "War Hero" priviledge....that's even more powerful.

No one wants to really go after the former POW.... it would make them appear to be unpatriotic....it would at least open someone up for that kind of criticism.

Rest assured. There will be no media parity in this General Election.

Brian said...

Yikes!

Just read that last line...

I prefer the "Pill Poppin..." one myself. I wonder if we could Trademark that name.

You weren't lying when you said that your posts are emotional and heated. :)

I'm the same way at times, but we can't let this political madness get the best of us.