Thursday, May 22, 2008

McCain Hits Obama For Lack Of Military Service

From TPMElection Central:

McCain Questions Obama's Lack Of Military Service
By Greg Sargent - May 22, 2008, 3:42PM


This is noteworthy: John McCain is now officially making a campaign issue of Obama's lack of military service.

On the Senate floor today, Obama hit McCain for not supporting Webb's 21st Century G.I. bill. In response, McCain released a lengthy statement. Here's the key line, buried in the middle of it:

I take a backseat to no one in my affection, respect and devotion to veterans. And I will not accept from Senator Obama, who did not feel it was his responsibility to serve our country in uniform, any lectures on my regard for those who did.



McCain is constantly said by pundits to be reluctant to bring up his Vietnam experiences in a political context. But this is now the third day in a row he's done this.

Yesterday and the day before he made oblique, but obvious, references to his torture in captivity. And today -- to my knowledge for the first time -- McCain directly attacked Obama for his lack of military service.


Rest of post at link above.

Now, you might ask, rikyrah, why is Senator ' Straigh Talk' McCain doing this today?

Well, Mirror On America readers, isn't it obvious?

It's to try and hide in the bush the fact that this War Hero

DIDN'T VOTE ON THE NEW G.I.BILL.

Not every soldier has a Daddy and a Granddaddy who were Admirals.
Not every soldier has family connections that get us ' pull' into Annapolis.

A great portion of today's Volunteer Armed Services come from the lower socio-economic classes in America.

The G.I. Bill was one of the best government programs America ever did - it created the modern Middle-Class.

And, the New G.I. Bill just wanted to give those opportunities to the present generation of veterans.

But, Senator 'Straight Talk' couldn't be bothered to vote on the bill.

The bill passed 75-22 by the way.

So, Senator 'Straight Talk', who couldn't be bothered to criticize President ' AWOL' Bush, or Vice President ' Five Deferrments/I had better things to do' Cheney, SUDDENLY is offended by those who lack military service.

Whatever.

3 comments:

Truthiz said...

Ah yes, John McSenile_the current King of the BOTTOM feeders in the Republican party!

His time as a Vietnam POW notwithstanding, McSenile is_and always been_an Arrogant and Incompetent Prick!

As a military brat) he would fight at the drop of a hat when he was a kid. He grew up and attended the U.S. Naval Academy where he barely graduated (finished 894th out of 899). He also crashed 5 fighter jets while in training there.

But here’s the Real deal on the current sorry state of the Republican party....

Since Ronald “what’s my name again?” Reagan, that party has done nothing but nominate and elect countless numbers of Arrogant and Incompetent PRICKS _passing them off as “qualified” people of “high-moral standing” (I think I may puke!)_that party is now reduced to having no one but “bottom-feeder” candidates to nominate.

George W. “Ma daddy knowed I uz a moron” Bush, John “I can still win Vietnam” McSenile, Mitt “I'll LIE my azz off about anything” Romney, Rudy “I like wearing dresses” JILLiani, “Dead-Fred” Thompson, et al.

And we won’t even get into the pedophiles, closet homosexuals and prostitution-loving Republican politicians.

Like I said, BOTTOM feeders!

Anonymous said...

Seems just yesterday I heard him say he wouldn't run a campaign that questioned one's patriotism.

He defended people who didn't serve in the military or dodged combat duty in the past (like many in the current White House administration) but he takes a swipe at Obama who came of age during a time of relative peace.

Andre said...

McCain was well within his right to attack Obama's military service. I mean, how many other presidential candidates do we know of besides McCain who served in the war of 1812, the Civil War, and WWI? The dude's a historical figure. Literally.