Thursday, February 02, 2006

My Response To Mr. Bush's State Of The Empire Speech

Here is my response to Mr. Bush's State of The Empire Speech.

This man, and his crazy Republican party, seem to be more and more detached from reality with each passing day. I lost track of all the lies that he told in this speech. But one thing that I recall that really annoyed me was that he stated that Iraq was a sovereign country. WHAT??? And he said it with a straight face. How in the hell can a country be sovereign when it is occupied with over 130,000 foreign troops. The U.S. still calls many of the shots there...and the government there has to hide within the safety of the "Green Zone" in Baghdad in order to stay alive.

It just sounded like the same old Bush speech, which has become so predictable. 9/11, 9/11, 9/11, 9/11 and more 9/11. But what is he actually doing about preventing another 9/11. Most of the Republican governments policies are counter-productive, particularly when it comes to terrorism.

**I heard nothing about decreasing these massive deficits or paying down the even bigger federal Debt, which is at a whopping 8 trillion dollars. The Federal debt will soon be unmanageable. Very soon, we won't even be able to take care of the interest on it anymore. We will never pay it off...and our kids, grand kids, and great grand kids won't even get close. The country is broke.

**I heard nothing about preparations for major disasters. Nothing about revamping FEMA.

**I heard nothing of substance about plans for the Gulf Coast, and people who were made homeless after hurricane Katrina and the other hurricanes that struck last year.

**I heard nothing about the progress in training Iraqi troops to take care of their own responsibilities, so that U.S. troops can return to the States. You know why? Because the U.S. has every intention of staying in Iraq. They never planned to leave. There will be a large U.S. presence there (Several thousand troops) for decades. That is why they have been building permanent U.S. military bases in Iraq. Hmmmm. But you won't hear that on FOX news or CNN.
Why haven't they reported on this?

**I heard nothing about the sqeezed and shrinking middle class.

**I heard nothing about the increase in poverty, and the increase in the number of kids with no health coverage... but he did lie and say that he had taken care of that problem, lol. Come on!

**I heard nothing in terms of new policies for fighting terrorism that will actually work.

**I heard nothing about this out of control militarism, and war to solve disputes. The only thing I heard on this subject was more pro-war rhetoric... Getting the country mentally indoctrinated for their upcoming war with Iran. In other words, more of the same.

**I heard nothing about making sure more Americans have healthcare.

**I heard nothing about more programs for education...just vague statements with no plan or substance.

**I heard nothing about fixing Americas economy so that it is competitive and we have the best minds...just more of the same, with no plan or substance.

**I heard no real plans for making corporate America and politicans more accountable and there was nothing about getting rid of corruption.... could it be because his party is full of corruption? After all, corruption is what brings these guys to power.

**I heard nothing about a living wage increase. (Congress voted against raising the minimum wage twice last year, but voted to increase their own pay just a few weeks later).

**I heard nothing about serious steps towards securing the nations borders, and overhauling immigration policy so the bad guys are kept out, while allowing others to still have access.

**I heard nothing about reshaping Americas image in the world, about restoring our damaged relations with a number of countries, or restoring credibility.

One thing I did like was the mention of getting the U.S. away from dependence on foreign oil. Now lets see proof of a real plan to do it. Interesting how they basically stole Progressive ideas for this one. Progressives have been saying this for years.

Here is a fact check about the State of the Union Speech.

Here is how some ordinary Americans reacted to the speech. This is where reality is, and Bush is nowhere close to it.

No comments: